Winter is a wonderful time of year full of winter sports, Christmas cheer, and snow! However, it’s also a rough time of year for your skin as it can become dry and irritated. Watch my video below for tips on how to keep your healthy glow thru the winter months.
5 Tips to Keep Your Skin Healthy This Winter
Prefer to read the information? Here is an overview of my 5 winter skin health tips!
- Hydrate: Drink lots of water, herbal teas, or hot water with lemon. Also get the right fats and oils into your diet. Eat healthy oils like avocado oil, coconut oil, and olive oil and avoid processed/packaged ones. Make sure your digestion is working well so you absorb the good fats you are eating.
- Protect Your Skin: Keep using sunscreen even if it feels cold outside. I recommend using a mineral sunblock with zinc oxide like the ones found over in TheSpaDr shop. Make sure to also apply to the tops of your hands as they can be exposed too.
- Use Clean and Natural Products: Use products with the perfect pH (with mild acidity). This helps ensure a healthy foundation for your skin.
- Do Regular Gentle Exfoliation:
- Moisturize Your Skin: You want to make sure to use the right oils on your skin. You can combine the products. With the Spa Dr. skin care line you can use the STEP 3: Moisturizer and use a little bit of that, but mix it with STEP 4: Glow Boost to make it even more hydrating and nourishing. The right oils will make your skin feel luxurious and soft even in the winter months when your skin tends to feel dryer. Don’t be afraid to use oils even if you have oily acne prone skin, the right oils will help you have that natural glow and not make you break out.
If you are already on a good skin care regiment, such as the Spa Dr. Daily Essentials, exfoliation should be done once per week. Try a product like our Pearl & Rose Petal Exfoliant that has finely ground pearls so it’s not abrasive on the skin. You want to make sure you are not damaging the skin but exfoliating it in a gentle way. Your skin is even more sensitive in the winter so go easy on it.
When you follow these five tips they will also help you avoid dry chapped lips and dry brittle hair. However, if you need a little extra moisture, you can also use oils like Spa Dr. Glow Boost here too. You can put it on the tips of your hair and on your lips even. Also for your lips, you can make a homemade lip balm made with shea butter, cocoa butter and essential oils instead of petroleum products and synthetic fragrance. Remember what you put on your lips, you end up eating.
If you get caught out in cold, windy weather, you can use healing salves with antioxidant-rich, soothing ingredients on your face. They have natural ingredients and are very nourishing when you have dry chapped areas from being out in the cold weather. All-Purpose Salve and Jane’s Golden Salve from Barlow Herbals are two that I recommend.
I hope that gives you some ideas for tips for healthy skin this winter season. Please feel free to share this post on Pinterest with the graphic below!