Sage is your primary skin type
Before jumping into what that means, let start with – you’re a person not just a skin type. For that reason, your skin type has a human name rather than a skin diagnosis or the typical label you may have seen. This way we can take a holistic view of your health into account and address your skin’s root issues for healthier, more vibrant skin.
If you’re a Sage type, you are probably over 40 years old and may feel you’re aging too rapidly. It’s normal for your skin to change as you age because collagen and elastin wear down with time, as well as with greater exposure to weather elements and certain lifestyle factors. Wrinkles aren’t so bad – they’re a sign that you’ve been living and laughing. Still, you probably don’t want to look older than you are. As a Sage-type, you may have genes passed on from your parents that make you more susceptible to premature, or excessive, collagen loss. The good news is you can change your genetic expression by modifying your lifestyle and addressing the root causes that impact collagen loss.
I realize how frustrating this can be, so here are a few suggestions that should help address the root causes of your skin issues with a holistic approach.
For Sage types…
1. Protect your skin: Excess sun exposure causes skin to lose elasticity and age quickly. Protect your skin on the outside by limiting time in the sun during peaks hours, wearing hats and using a high quality mineral sunblock. And, protect your skin from the inside out by consuming antioxidant-rich foods such as wild salmon and berries.
2. Avoid excess sugar. Excess sugar intake elevates blood sugar, which causes glycation issues, and, in turn, harms the collagen in your skin (meaning more wrinkles and sagging skin). I’m not saying you can never eat sweets again. Rather, keep an eye on your consumption and support healthy blood sugar balance through diet and lifestyle changes. It may help to follow a program for a few weeks such as my online Clear Skin Solution to help you get on track with healthy eating habits.
3. Balance your hormones. As you age, your hormones change. While most of your hormones—like estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone—decline, your stress hormone cortisol may rise. All of this affects your skin texture and appearance. Enjoy daily stress management techniques to balance cortisol, like breath-work, meditation, yoga and moderate exercise. And, eat foods that support hormone metabolism such as broccoli, cabbage and other cruciferous veggies, garlic and onions, and colorful fruits and veggies.
4. Boost your nutrients. Sage types need key nutrients to maintain collagen and healthy skin. For example, essential fatty acids support skin cell hydration and function, and vitamin C helps build and maintain collagen. You can obtain vitamin C by eating foods such as strawberries and broccoli or through a supplement such as The Spa Dr.’s Vitamin C Fizz. You can also support collagen by taking a collagen supplement such as The Spa Dr.’s Collagen Complete.
5. Use rejuvenating skincare. Nourish and protect your skin on the outside by using skincare containing natural actives, antioxidants and organic ingredients. For Sage skin types, I recommend using all four steps of The Spa Dr.’s Daily Essentials both morning and night. When using this skincare system, be sure to apply step 2 on the delicate skin in the eye area because it also works well in place of an eye cream. It’s also terrific to use steps 2, 3 and 4 on the neck and décolleté.
The recommendations above are not intended to take the place of seeing a doctor. It’s important to work directly with a healthcare provider who can help assess skin issues in-person.
My goal is to provide you with lifestyle recommendations to help you achieve glowing skin, natural beauty and the confidence that follows. Check your inbox over the next few days for more information from me on how to enhance your skin from the inside out.
If you have any questions about your skin type or the ways you can holistically improve your skin, please feel free to book a free skincare consult call. I love helping women (and men too!) achieve naturally radiant skin and vibrant health.
To your glowing skin,
Key features of the “SAGE” skin type
◃ Sagging skin
◃ Loose skin
◃ Excessive wrinkles
◃ Chronic dry skin
◃ Delayed wound healing
◃ Thin skin
WHAT I RECOMMEND
Below are the 3 best products for SAGE Skin Types. Using these on a daily basis will alleviate the common Sage skin problems.
The Spa Dr.™ Collagen Complete
The Spa Dr.™ Vitamin C Fizz
Medical Disclaimer: Information provided in this quiz and assessment is for informational purposes only. The information is a result of years of practice and experience by Trevor Cates, ND. However, this information is NOT intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional, or any information contained on or in any product.
Do not use the information provided in this assessment for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read in this email.
Information provided in this assessment and the use of any related products or services by you does not create a doctor-patient relationship between you and Trevor Cates, ND. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.