Is your skin having a dry season? Perhaps you have itchy, red patches, tightness, cracking, or a combination of these. These are signs that it is time to hydrate dull skin with healthy skincare products. The causes can vary and be a combination of what you’re eating, your current skincare routine, or environmental factors. Whatever the reason, The Spa Dr team is here to support you!
What is causing my dry, dull skin?
Your skin reflects what is happening on the inside of your body as well as how it is reacting to the environment. To understand what is causing your dull skin, let’s start by evaluating your daily skincare routine as well as what you’re eating and drinking. What we put on our skin as well as what we eat impacts how our skin looks and feels.
- Are you taking hot showers that last more than 5-10 minutes? Hot water can dehydrate skin causing red, dull skin. Be conscious of the length and temperature of the shower or bath. If you love long showers, try a cooler temperature. Moisturize with healthy skincare products after your bathe to rehydrate and keep skin feeling good.
- What type of moisturizer are you using? Thicker doesn’t always mean better. Some products just mask issues rather than treating them making it important to understand what you’re putting on your skin. Not all moisturizers are equal.
- Are you moisturizing throughout the day? Your hands and face are especially prone to dryness, making it important to moisturize a few times throughout the day.
- Does your moisturizer have a fragrance derived from toxic chemicals rather than high-grade essential oils? Synthetic fragrance is a common allergen, which can inflame dry skin. Read the labels so you know what you’re putting on your skin.
- Are you eating fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats? Simple changes to diet and exercise can refresh and hydrate dull skin.
- Are you drinking enough water? If you feel thirsty, you’re already dehydrated. Rather than experiencing signs of dehydration like dry mouth, red cheeks, and fatigue, always carry a reusable water bottle with you. If you’re hydrated on the inside, your skin will reflect that.
- Are you outdoors for extended periods of time? Sun, wind and extreme temperatures can damage skin, causing it to appear dull. Moisturizing throughout the day and wearing sun protection will help keep skin hydrated and healthy.
Each of these factors impacts the health of your skin. Dry or dull skin is a sign that something is missing or needs to be changed. That could include what you’re eating, your skincare routine, or a combination of factors. Drinking more water and getting proper nutrition can go a long way to refreshing and hydrating dull skin.
Complement clean living with healthy skincare products like our 4-Step Skin Care System that help hydrate and rebalance your skin. And, include gentle exfoliation such as with our Pearl and Rose Petal Facial Exfoliant.
Take before and after pictures to see the results yourself and then share them with our team! If you’re not happy with the results, we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee on all healthy skin care products from The Spa Dr.
Read more on this topic in our article 4 Dry Skin Myths Busted.