Get your free Bonus Recipes!
33 Recipes For Naturally Glowing Skin!
Oven-Roasted Salmon With Beluga Lentils and Salsa Verde
This is one of my favorite recipes! The combination of savory salmon, black lentils, and tangy salsa is sure to satisfy your palate – and you can relax, knowing every ingredient is nourishing your skin from within.
Servings: 2 people
For Salsa Verde
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh italian parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 pinches Himalayan salt or Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup dried beluga (black) lentils, or green lentils
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 fillets wild salmon (6 ounces each)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, plus more for coating the salmon
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt or Celtic sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 whole lemon, cut into 8 slices
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- To make the salsa verde: In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients well and set aside. The salsa can also be made in advance and refrigerated for up to 3 or 4 days.
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, combine the lentils and water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 to 20 minutes, or until tender but not soggy. Strain, set aside, and cover.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Rub the salmon with a little avocado oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.In a baking dish, layer the lemon slices on the bottom. Place the salmon on top of the lemon bed. Bake for 10 minutes, or until firm and cooked through.In a medium saucepan over medium heat. stir together the garlic, 1 tablespoon avocado oil, and the cooked lentils. Sauté for 2 minutes until the garlic is aromatic.To serve: Divide the lentils between 2 plates. Top each serving with a piece of salmon and a spoonful of salsa verde.