Get your free Bonus Recipes!
33 Recipes For Naturally Glowing Skin!
Crisp Antioxidant Salad
The greens, carrots, blueberries, and pomegranate seeds fill this salad with vitamin C and the antioxidant family of carotenes, especially beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin. Human studies have shown carotenoid-rich diets can protect skin against sun damage by increasing its defense against UV light-mediated damage. In addition, walnuts are a nutrient-dense food and full of vitamin E and essential fatty acids for glowing skin.
Servings: 4 people
- Salad bowl
- 5 oz package power greens, baby kale, or salad mix
- 1 whole carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 cup cooked kidney or red beans; or canned, rinsed and rained
- 1/2 medium Granny smith apple, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped raw pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt or Celtic sea salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- To make the salad: Toss all salad ingredients together in a large salad bowl.
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, cider vinegar, cilantro, basil, oregano, and mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper. When ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad. Toss and enjoy.