Get your free Bonus Recipes!
33 Recipes For Naturally Glowing Skin!
Creamy Artichoke Soup
Artichokes are rich in fiber and micronutrients like folate and vitamins A, C, and K. This creamy delicious soup is gluten and dairy-free and is packed full of antioxidants for glowing skin. Enjoy it warm in early spring and chilled in late spring.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 count garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups organic free range chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 can artichokes in water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup fresh organic spinach
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup scallions, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté for another minute.
- Add the broth, artichokes, almond milk, and salt and bring just to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered until the cauliflower is tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in spinach and thyme as you allow the soup to cool slightly.
- Pour the soup into a blender or food processor and puree on high for 60 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into bowls and top with scallions and fresh ground pepper to taste. Serve warm or cold.