While some people can tolerate caffeine better than others it still has a reputation for its dehydrating and inflammatory effects. If you are trying to cut out caffeine but still want the warm pick-me-up in the morning, then try this skin-nourishing coffee substitute. Made with dandelion root which is full of antioxidants and chicory root which is known for its digestive health benefits, this is a great coffee alternative.
Get your free Bonus Recipes!
33 Recipes For Naturally Glowing Skin!
Skin-Nourishing Coffee Substitute
- 6 cups filtered water
- 1 tbsp granulated, roasted dandelion root
- 1 tbsp granulated, roasted chicory root
- 1 tbsp rooibos tea
- Unsweetened coconut milk (optional)
- In a soucepan, boil the water.
- Place the herbs in a tea ball, or loose in the water, and steep for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Strain and serve plain or with coconut milk (if using).