Get your free Bonus Recipes!
33 Recipes For Naturally Glowing Skin!
Coconut Red Lentil Soup
This is a favorite among my vegan friends, and even meat-eaters will love the flavorful creamy soup. Enjoy leftover chutney with other meals.
Servings: 8 people
- 2 cups dried red lentils
- 2 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion or red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tsp fennel powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger or ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt or Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper or more to taste
- 2 cups organic unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups fresh organic baby spinach leaves, divided
- If you have time, soak the lentils for 30 minutes to 3 hours before cooking. Rinse and drain the lentils until no more suds appear. In a large pot over medium heat, heat the coconut oil Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the fennel powder, coriander, ginger, turmeric, cumin, and lentils. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and cook for 15 minutes, or until the lentils are soft. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- To serve: Place 1/2 cup of spinach in each bowl and ladle the soup over it.