Get your free Bonus Recipes!
33 Recipes For Naturally Glowing Skin!
Tapping into the glow-enhancing effects of collagen can be like a fountain of youth for tired, aging skin. Eating more of the right kinds of protein can help heal the skin, while delivering the essential amino acids to help boost our outward glow. Try cooking up some soothing bone broth which heals your gut and also delivers collagen for your joints, hair and nails.
The Spa Dr.'s Bone Broth
- Large roasting pan
- Large soup pot or slow cooker
- 2 lbs grass-fed beef marrow bones
- 5 quarts filtered water
- 6 carrots cut into large chunks
- 1 medium yellow onion quartered
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger skin on, halved
- 1 tsp himalayan salt or Celtic sea salt or more to taste
- 1/2 bunch fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 7 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and crushed or diced
- Preheat the oven to 350° (180°C, or gas mark 4). In a large roasting pan, roast the bones for 30 minutes. (You can skip this step, but it adds nice flavor to the broth.) Transfer to a large (6-quart/5.7 L) soup pot or slow cooker.
- Add the water, carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms, cider vinegar, ginger, and salt. Bring to boil: reduce the heat to a very low simmer and cover. Cook for 24 to 48 hours. Skim off any foam that forms on top during the first hour of cooking. The longer you simmer the broth, the more bone marrow nutrients will seep into it.
- During the last hour of cooking, stir in the parsley, thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Strain, and enjoy war, or add to one of the recipes as indicated.