Before jumping into what the Olivia skin type means, let start with – you’re a person not just a skin type. For that reason, your skin type has a human name rather than a skin diagnosis or the typical label you may have seen. This way we can take a holistic view of your health into account and address your skin’s root issues for healthier, more vibrant skin.
If you’re like Olivia, you tend to have oily skin and easily break out in pimples. It doesn’t mean that your whole face is oily, but you tend to have at least a few oily areas, such as by your nose or hairline or on your forehead. You’ve probably tried various cleansers, toners, masks, and other topical treatments to dry up your skin, and perhaps even microdermabrasion treatments or medications to curb acne.
I realize how frustrating this can be, so here are a few suggestions that should help address the root causes of your skin issues with a holistic approach.
For Olivia types…
1. Watch your sugar intake. When blood sugar rises from excess sugar intake, insulin production increases, triggering sebum production and androgen activity. All of this can lead to those dreaded acne breakouts. You don’t have to give up sugar forever, but following a program for a few weeks such as my Clear Skin Solution online program and eating a balanced diet can help ensure you’re not overdoing it with sweets.
2. Balance hormones. Hormone imbalances such as androgen excess are known to trigger acne in both men and women. One thing to try is to stop eating dairy products (milk, cheese, ice cream, etc.) for two weeks and see if you notice a change in your skin. Dairy products are made from the milk of pregnant (and recently pregnant) cows, which contains hormones that can throw your own hormones out of balance.
3. Boost your gut health. When the good bacteria that live in and protect your digestive tract are out of balance, it can trigger acne. Eating probiotic-rich foods such as fermented vegetables or coconut yogurt is a great place to start. For extra support, consider taking a high quality probiotic such as The Spa Dr.’s Microbiome Builder.
4. Use clean and balancing skincare. If you have acne, that means your delicate pH and balance of microorganisms that live on and protect your skin is disrupted. Because of this, it’s best to use skincare products designed with the correct pH and natural ingredients to restore the health of your skin. For Olivia skin types, I recommend using The Spa Dr.’s Daily Essentials skincare system both morning and night. When cleansing your skin, be sure to remove the cleanser with a warm wet washcloth and repeat as needed to remove makeup, sweat and debris from your skin. Then, follow with a light application of steps 2 and 3. Use a few drops of step 4 in any dry areas or gently apply in the eye area.
5. Fill in your nutrition gaps. Nutritional deficiencies play a role in Olivia types’ skin issues. For example, zinc is an important nutrient for clear healthy skin, which you can consume via a supplement such as The Spa Dr.’s Skin Hair and Nails Support or obtain from foods such as green beans, sesame seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
The recommendations above are not intended to take the place of seeing a doctor. It’s best to work directly with a healthcare provider who can help assess skin issues in-person.
My goal is to provide you with lifestyle recommendations to help you achieve glowing skin, natural beauty and the confidence that follows. Check your inbox over the next few days for more information from me on how to enhance your skin from the inside out.
If you have any questions about your skin type or the ways you can holistically improve your skin, please feel free to book a free skincare consult call. I love helping women (and men too!) achieve naturally radiant skin and vibrant health.
To your glowing skin,
Key features of the “OLIVIA” skin type
◃ Large pores
◃ Sebaceous hyperplasia (yellowish, soft, small papules on the face, usually on the nose, cheeks, and forehead)
WHAT I RECOMMEND
Below are the 3 best products for OLIVIA Skin Types. Using these on a daily basis will alleviate the common Olivia skin problems.
Daily Essentials 4-Step Skincare System
The Spa Dr.™ Microbiome Builder 60 Capsules
The Spa Dr.™ Skin, Hair & Nails Support 120 capsules
Medical Disclaimer: Information provided in this quiz and assessment is for informational purposes only. The information is a result of years of practice and experience by Trevor Cates, ND. However, this information is NOT intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional, or any information contained on or in any product.
Do not use the information provided in this assessment for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read in this email.
Information provided in this assessment and the use of any related products or services by you does not create a doctor-patient relationship between you and Trevor Cates, ND. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.