Today we’re talking about how to be bulletproof so you, too, can crush it in all areas of your life!
My guest today is Dave Asprey, founder of Bulletproof, creator of the widely popular Bulletproof Coffee, host of the #1 health podcast, Bulletproof Radio. and author of New York Times bestselling book The Bulletproof Diet.
Dave was a Silicon Valley investor and technology entrepreneur who spent two decades and over $300,000 to hack his own biology. How did he do this?
Well, Dave lost 100 pounds without counting calories or excessive exercise. He used techniques to boost his IQ by 20 points, and lowered his biological age while learning to sleep more efficiently. Learning to do this transformed him into a better entrepreneur, husband, and father.
And, today here’s some of the awesome stuff he’s going to share with you:
- How the Bulletproof diet can help you lose weight and change your health
- “Trigger” foods to look out for that can cause bad reactions in your body
- The inflammatory disease that’s triggered by nightshade vegetables in 1 out of 5 people(!)
- The precursor condition to insulin resistance you’ve never heard of…
- What the heck…can green peppers make you fat?
- How many hours a night does a “healthy” person need to sleep on average?
- The “innocuous” habit you’re doing before bed that’s keeping you from sleeping well
- Why conventionally made coffee causes you to crash (hint: it’s not the caffeine!)
- Stop putting this common ingredient in your cup of coffee (it makes coffee antioxidants unavailable to your gut, which kind of defeats the purpose…)
- The amazing compound in Vanilla beans that can help you get to sleep
- How the Bulletproof diet differs from the Paleo diet
The ability to BRING it!
In a nutshell, Dave’s philosophy boils down to a few simple but powerful points:
- It’s easier to remove the things that are making you sick than to add in the things that will make you healthy. This is the whole basis of The Bulletproof Diet. Try eliminating common trigger foods for a few weeks and see how you feel, then slowly add them back in one-by-one.
- Exercising and fasting all the time puts your body in a state of chronic stress and is actually counterproductive to losing fat and getting healthy. Instead, try upping your healthy fats intake, reducing carbs, exercising less frequently, and sleeping more.
- Being Bulletproof isn’t just about bodily health. It’s also about mastering your mind and emotions. That’s why Dave traveled to Tibet to learn how to meditate (and discovered the precursor to his now-famous Bulletproof coffee!) “A healthy jerk is still a jerk.”
- What the Bulletproof diet and lifestyle gives you is, quite simply, the ability to BRING it!
Items mentioned on the show
- The Bulletproof Diet book
- [infographic] – The Bulletproof Diet Roadmap
- The Silicon Valley Health Institute
- The 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferriss
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Sleep study of 1.2 million people that Dave mentioned
- Zentech smartphone cover (scroll down a bit)
- Dave’s favorite grass fed butter, Kerry Gold (If you’re in the Asia Pacific region and can’t find Kerry Gold, go for Anchor butter!)
- The Specialty Coffee Association – According to Dave this is “the governing body of bad-ass coffee”
- Brain Octane oil
- Dave’s cacao tea
- What’s the deal with “Bulletproof” dark chocolate?
- Using vanilla to increase mental performance and facilitate sleep
- The Bulletproof Cookbook
Additional links to check out
- Leptin Reset Easy Start guide – free article by Dr. Jack Kruse
- More info on mycotoxins (the kind found in conventionally produced coffee beans)
- How Ketosis helps you lose fat
- The Weston A. Price institute