Before jumping into what The Emmett skin type means, let start with – you’re a person not just a skin type. For that reason, your skin type has a human name rather than a skin diagnosis or the typical label you may have seen. This way we can take a holistic view of your health into account and address your skin’s root issues for healthier, more vibrant skin.
If you’re like Emmett, you have chronically dry, scaly skin that may become inflamed and red, and your immune system is overactive or not performing at its highest ability. You may have been diagnosed with allergies or an autoimmune condition such as psoriasis or vitiligo. You may have tried topical or oral treatments that provided little to no symptom improvement.
I realize how frustrating this can be, so here are a few suggestions that should help address the root causes of your skin issues with a holistic approach.
For Emmett types…
1. Balance your immune response. To support a healthy immune system, eat a diet that includes nutrient-rich anti-inflammatory foods and avoid trigger foods that over-stimulate your immune system, such as sugar. If you’re not sure where to start, a regime such as my Clear Skin Solution online program can help you identify your trigger foods and get on track with an immune balancing diet.
2. Obtain key nutrients. Key nutrients such as zinc, vitamin C, vitamin D and B vitamins help support healthy skin and immune systems. You can consume these via a supplement such as The Spa Dr.’s Skin Hair and Nails or obtain them from foods. For example, green beans, sesame seeds, and pumpkin seeds are good sources of zinc, and broccoli and strawberries are good sources of vitamin C.
3. Address gut issues. Did you know much of the immune system actually exists in the gastrointestinal tract? A balanced and well-functioning gut can help support a healthy immune response. Eating probiotic-rich foods such as fermented vegetables or coconut yogurt is a great place to start. Taking a high quality probiotic, such as The Spa Dr.’s Microbiome Builder, can help address possible imbalances and hyperpermeability of your gut that triggers immune system overactivity.
4. De-stress your body and mind. Hormonal imbalances fuel the inflammation and immune reactivity of Emmett-types. Enjoy daily stress management techniques to balance the stress hormone cortisol, such as breath-work, meditation, yoga and moderate exercise.
5. Use soothing and nourishing skincare. Your skin type needs soothing ingredients that also nourish your skin. For Emmett Types, I recommend using all four steps of The Spa Dr.’s Daily Essentials both morning and night.
IMPORTANT: If you have sensitive or inflamed skin, you should always do a patch test with any and all skincare products before applying them to your face. Just apply a small amount on the inside of your arm, and if you have any redness, itching or other signs of a reaction over the next 24 hours, do not use that skincare product.
The recommendations above are not intended to take the place of seeing a doctor. It’s important to work directly with a healthcare provider who can help assess skin issues in-person.
My goal is to provide you with lifestyle recommendations to help you achieve glowing skin, natural beauty and the confidence that follows. Check your inbox over the next few days for more information from me on how to enhance your skin from the inside out.
If you have any questions about your skin type or the ways you can holistically improve your skin, please feel free to book a free skincare consult call. I love helping women (and men too!) achieve naturally radiant skin and vibrant health.
To your glowing skin,
Key features of the “Emmett” skin type
◃ Dry, scaly skin
◃ Atopic dermatitis (often called eczema, which appears as dry, scaly, and often itchy, red skin)
◃ Allergic skin reactions, such as hives or contact dermatitis
◃ Psoriasis (raised reddish or silvery-white scaly patches)
◃ Keloids (a raised scar that often appears smooth, pink, or purple that can extend beyond the wound site and doesn’t improve over time)
◃ Vitiligo (patches of lighter skin, or depigmentation)
◃ Seborrheic dermatitis (redness or swelling with a white or yellowish scaling of skin, usually in the center of the face, eyebrows, scalp, and ears)
◃ Chronic itching
◃ Recurring acute skin issues and infections (such as impetigo, ringworm, and cold sores)
WHAT I RECOMMEND
Below are the 3 best products for EMMETT Skin Types. Using these on a daily basis will alleviate the common Emmett skin problems.
Daily Essentials 4-Step Skincare System
The Spa Dr.™ Skin, Hair & Nails Support 120 capsules
The Spa Dr.™ Microbiome Builder 60 Capsules
Medical Disclaimer: Information provided in this quiz and assessment is for informational purposes only. The information is a result of years of practice and experience by Trevor Cates, ND. However, this information is NOT intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional, or any information contained on or in any product.
Do not use the information provided in this assessment for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read in this email.
Information provided in this assessment and the use of any related products or services by you does not create a doctor-patient relationship between you and Trevor Cates, ND. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.